The Greenville Public Library offers the following services:
Computers and Internet
- Our library contains an adult computer lab with 18 computers and a children's computer lab with 6. We require our users to have a library card or photo ID. Printing costs $.25 a page.
- Computer and Internet Use Policy
- We also offer a wireless internet connection to patrons who wish to use their own laptops, Kindles, Ipads and other wireless devices. Patrons can use the following link to print from their wireless devices.
- Wireless Printing
- The Greenville Public Library contains over 100,000 items and has digital access to much more!
- Search our catalog
- The following links provide access to a wealth of information online.
- Financial Literacy Tools from Weiss Ratings & Grey House Publishing
- Ohio Web Library
Inter Library Loans - CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
- Due to cost analysis and a decline in usage, the State Library of Ohio has terminated the MORE inter-libary loan system. The Greenville Public Library is currently pursuing an alternative program to particiapte in. For more information on the state library's decision, please continue reading here.
- We are also part of a statewide E-book program. This program provides access to thousands of digital books and other media.
- Search for E-books
Zinio Digital Magazines and OneClickdigital Audiobooks
- Zinio is a multi-platform distribution service for digital magazines, with more than 5,500 magazines from a wide range of publishers.
- Search digital magazine collection
- Search audiobooks
- The Greenville Public Library now offers Freegal music downloads. This website allows library patrons to download 3 songs a week from our extensive collection
- Search for music on Freegal
- The Greenville Public Library's Genealogy Department contains over 2,000 genealogical books encompassing; census records, marriage records, plat maps, and local history. We have local newspapers dating back to 1850 on microfilm and Greenville school system yearbooks dating back to 1911. We also have access to websites such as ancestry.com. There is a small charge of $2.00 per genealogical request, though there is no charge to search our collection yourself. This material cannot be checked out, but copies can be made for $.25 a page.
- Contact us with your genealogical requests here
- The extension service, provided by the Greenville Public Library, delivers library materials to local people and institutions that are unable to visit the library themselves. The extension service was formerly operated out of the Bookmobile, but with the retirement of the bookmobile we continue delivering library materials to those without access to the library. To request a scheduled extension service delivery, please contact our extension services department at the Greenville Public Library at 937-548-3915 ext. 216, or in person from 10:30 AM through 3:30 PM.